End User Licence Agreement
NOTICE: PLEASE READ THIS EULA CAREFULLY. BY USING ALL OR ANY PORTION OF THE PRODUCT YOU ACCEPT ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
1. Definitions. “Use” or “Using” means to access, install, download, print, copy or otherwise benefit from using the content of the Guide. “Computer” means an electronic device that accepts information in digital or similar form and manipulates it for a specific result based on a sequence of instructions. “the Authors” means John Little and Dusty Gedge and their authorised agents and representatives and the legal point of contact is solely via the website at greenrooftraining.com
2.1 Guide License. As long as you comply with the terms of this End User License Agreement (the “Agreement”), the Authors grant to you a non-exclusive license to Use the Guide for all reasonable purposes excepting those specifically prohibited by this Agreement. In this context, ‘reasonable purposes’ include those tasks and uses commonly expected to be performed by the reader of an eBook, namely the opening, display, searching and printing of the content for personal use.
2.2 Access Credentials. You will ensure that your access credentials as supplied on completion of the purchase process remain secure and are used solely by you and in accordance with this Agreement.
2.3 Publication and print-on-demand. You may not submit the Guide, in whole or in part, to any publishing or print-on-demand service of any form. The worldwide publication rights for the book remain solely with the Authors and your purchase extends no license to publish. Submissions to online publication and printing agencies are monitored and may result in legal action being taken against you.
2.4 Full Printouts. You may use the Online Guide pages to produce one physical printout of the entire Guide on paper, via a personal computer printer. You may not cause more than one full printout of the Guide to exist at any one time, or create full printouts for resale or publication. This means that you may reprint a second full printout only if the first full printout is destroyed.
2.5 Partial Printouts. You may produce partial printouts of up to 10% of the total content for the purposes of education and reference, subject to those printouts as made by you not forming more than 30% of a full printout when in combination. As many partial printouts as you wish can be made, but they cannot be published, distributed in bulk or sold, and all are subject to the limitations in Section 5. For the purposes of this clause, ‘in bulk’ shall mean the supply of partial printouts to more than fifty individuals.
3. Intellectual Property Rights. The Guide and any copies that you are authorized by the Authors to make are the intellectual property of and are owned by the Authors. The contents of the Guide, both in text and artwork, are the valuable trade assets and of the Authors. The Guide is protected by copyright, including without limitation by United Kingdom Copyright Law, international treaty provisions and applicable laws in the country in which it is being used. You may not copy or print the Guide, except as set forth in Section 2. Any copies that you are permitted to make pursuant to this Agreement must contain the same copyright and other proprietary notices that appear on or in the Guide. This Agreement does not grant you any intellectual property rights in the Guide or contents thereof.
4. Transfer. You may not, rent, lease, sublicense or authorize all or any portion of the Online Guide to be copied onto another user’s computer except as may be expressly permitted herein. You may, however, transfer all your rights to use the Membership to another person or legal entity provided that: (a) you retain no copies, including printouts, backups and copies stored on a computer or access to the Membership yourself; and (b) the receiving party accepts the terms and conditions of this Agreement and any other terms and conditions upon which you legally purchased a license to the Online Guide.
5. Use for Commercial Gain. You may not use the Online Guide or printouts, extractions or artwork therein for the furtherance of commercial training or education where delegates are charged a fee, including but not limited to the use of such material as part of course handouts, lecture slides, etc., nor may you sell copies of the material for commercial gain. It applies to business activities where the student is paying for a specific training or education course and a profit is made by those providing the training.
6. Use for policy documentation. You may not use any material contained in the Guide as-is within a policy document, legal claim or dispute. Limited extracts and rewordings are permitted up to a total of 20% of the Guide per document produced. The Authors will not be held liable in any way for the use of this material within a legal document. This means that you cannot simply attach a full printout of the Guide to your team’s policy documents or use the contents of the Guide as evidence in a court case. You are welcome to use the techniques and information as a basis for your own documents, but you need to do the work to make those documents your own.
7. Limitation of liability. In no event will the Authors or their suppliers be liable to you for any damages, claims or costs whatsoever or any consequential, indirect, incidental damages, or any lost profits or lost savings, even if a representative of the author has been advised of the possibility of such loss, damages, claims or costs or for any claim by any third party. the foregoing limitations and exclusions apply to the extent permitted by applicable law in your jurisdiction. The Authors’ aggregate liability and that of their suppliers under or in connection with this agreement shall be limited to the amount paid for the Guide, if any. The Authors are acting on behalf of their suppliers for the purpose of disclaiming, excluding and/or limiting obligations, warranties and liability as provided in this Agreement, but in no other respects and for no other purpose.
10. Alteration and bypassing of security features. It is a criminal act to alter or bypass any security features protecting the content of the Guide, including but not limited to attempts to remove, alter or obfuscate copyright, edit/extract or printing controls, metadata and identification headers. You are not granted any right to convert or translate the Guide or the contents thereof into any other electronic format except for the sole and exclusive purpose of archival in a compressed format file.
11. ‘Not for resale’ copies. The Authors may supply access to the Online Guide to selected individuals and agencies with a reduced or zero charge, at the sole discretion of the Authors.
12. Governing Law. This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws in force in the United Kingdom. This Agreement will not be governed by the conflict of law rules of any jurisdiction or the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, the application of which is expressly excluded. This means that as you are purchasing the Guide from the Authors, who are UK Residents, your purchase is controlled by the UK laws on refunds, returns, fitness for purpose, etc. and the Online Guide itself is controlled by the UK laws on copyright and computer crime, even if you live in another country.